Friday, February 19, 2010

Living The Dream


I've been posting a weekly blog now for just about a year and have covered financial topics with universal appeal.

This week, I'll try something a little different. I'll briefly discuss myself! Believe it or not, I do follow my own financial advice!

Having just returned from skiing in Winter Park, Colorado, I can truly say, life is good! It's amazing how vacations allow you to relax, reflect and simply enjoy life.

Having essentially been born on skis, I've had the good fortunate of skiing most of my life. My travels have taken me to several continents and most of our beautiful western mountain ranges... Rockies, Wasatch, Sierra Nevadas & Grand Tetons.

The humbling nature of the mountains is something I yearn for every year. So, my annual ski pilgrimage is part of my budget. The down time is always enjoyable & holistic in nature. It allows me to cleanse my soul and refocus my energy.

Personally, I'd love to take more than one ski vacation each year. The balancing act though of living in the present and planning for the future takes priority. So, with other goals to consider; retirement planning being one... one ski vacation per year will have to suffice.

To my friends Anthony & Sal who have shared many a journey with me, until next year... "The Dream Lives on!"


1 comment:

Doug said...

Mark - great post. It's a balancing act to live and spend enough for today to make life today full, yet at the same time thinking of tomorrow and the future. It can be too easy to err on one side or another. Your post helps imagine the balance needed.

And I bet you had a BLAST!!