Monday, November 10, 2008

Financial Planning 101

Let's Get Started - The purpose of this blog is to educate, inform & help you make smarter financial decisions. The industry can be a confusing array of products & services. Everything from investments to insurance products can appear to be a sea of propaganda. However, it doesn't have to be this way. With an equal dose of time & patience, you can learn all the basics about financial planning and then some.

As a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), I've had the privilege of helping hundreds of people make informed decisions over the last 12 years. My work has included everything from budgeting to retirement planning. I've even managed to get my name in print a few times... TheStreet.com, Gannett News and the Chicago Tribune to name a few.

Each week, I'll post a new topic for discussion. Please feel free to ask questions or propose future subject matter as well.

The more informed you are, the better your decision process... the truth shall set you free.

Please note: My blog is NOT to sell financial products in anyway. It is simply a journalistic way to help individuals & families make better financial decisions.

No comments: